The Loan Documentation Specialist is responsible for processing loan documentations and credit information according to Bank policies and guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare any/all loan documentation for new loans, modifications/renewals, Adverse Actions.
- Perform all loan processing due diligence (e.g. credit checks, OFAC reports, various coding).
- Coordinate loan closing and send loan details to Loan Specialist for booking, fund loan.
- Engage Title Company and Attorney when appropriate.
- Maintain loan files to ensure it is up to date in order (i.e. filing, scanning, making copies, etc.).
- Assist customers by taking phone calls, emails, walk-ins and following up.
- Review Past Dues report and follow-up with Loan Officer and/or customer.
- Collect and process loan payments.
- Assist with collecting collateral, note, financial exceptions and ticklers. (i.e. Insurance, deeds, personal financial statements and tax returns).
- Quote Payoffs, complete tickets/payments for payoffs.
- Process any/all releases for deeds, titles and termination of UCCs.
- Scan and updating TAB, Bank Loan Documentation System.
- Handle retention record packaging of Paid Loans.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
This role does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional qualifications include:
- Successful completion of in-house training or other approved training programs.
- In-depth knowledge of consumer and commercial processing disclosures.
- Familiarity with loan documents and collateral perfection instruments required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with specific deadlines.
- Ability to interact with all levels of individuals.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with low tolerance for error.
- Professional dress and demeanor.
- Must demonstrate commitment, strict confidentiality, dependability and respect for other employees with regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred; and at least three years of loan processing experience and/or training required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good data entry skills and knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.