The Loan Documentation Manager is responsible for managing, coordinating and directing the daily activities of the loan documentation department. The Loan Doc Manager works closely with the lending staff and outside vendors to ensure closing documents are produced accurately and in compliance with Bank policy and procedures. The successful candidate will participate in activities to improve efficiencies within the department and the Bank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a solid foundation of knowledge in all areas of loan documentation and loan compliance.
- Supervise the loan documentation staff in their understanding and preparation of loan documentation for all types of loans in accordance with the credit approval.
- Collaborate and provide feedback to lending staff on any concerns identifies as it pertains to loan documentation.
- Train loan documentation staff and lending staff on loan documentation issues and loan related systems.
- Resolve any issues as they arise related to the loan documentation process and procedures.
- Interact with external vendors such as appraisers, title companies and attorneys to ensure that appropriate loan documentation is being obtained accurately and timely.
- Serve as a back up to loan documentation staff for preparing and reviewing loan packages.
- Serve as lead administrator on loan documentation related systems and projects.
- Establish, foster and maintain positive working relationships with team members, lending, operations staff and department managers and other business partners. Provide a high level of customer service when responding to internal departments to resolve issues.
- Attend all BSA training (at least annual) offered through the bank. More frequent and/or specific training may be required, depending on job responsibilities.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Provides supervision, and mentors employees and develops skill through one on one training and coaching.
- Maintains awareness of the status of new deals and existing pipeline; adjusts staffing as needed.
- Reviews quality and integrity reports and takes action as appropriate.
- Sets and tracks to performance goals and quality service standards.
- Monitors and approves time reporting entries.
- Handles disciplinary issues within team in coordination with manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university preferred; minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in a financial institution.
Advanced understanding of bank policies and procedures; proficient in consumer and commercial lending and loans and applicable loan documents. Advanced understanding of loan accounting systems; loan payment types and processing and ability to research and resolve accounting errors. Preferred candidate will have knowledge of internal banking systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic computer software and Bank specific software.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, peers, or other business partners.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Demonstrates critical thinking tendencies to address problems decisively and to propose sustainable solutions. Accepts shared ownership and accountability for results. Ability to carry out complex instructions and handle non-standard situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment is an office type setting in the main bank or branch bank. It is a professional atmosphere and environmentally controlled. Surveillance cameras are utilized for safety. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.