The Loan Servicing Manager is responsible for the overall loan servicing of the loan portfolio and provides support to lending staff. The Loan Servicing Manager leads, trains and supervises the loan servicing staff. The successful candidate will communicate with bank department managers to promote efficient and correct work flow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and direct the daily activity in loan servicing to ensure proper priorities are being maintained and guidelines are being met for quality assurance of all work processed.
- Supervise all aspects of servicing for all loans including participations.
- Perform quality assurance review of daily loan balancing, review and post all general ledger transactions created by loan servicing staff.
- Perform quality assurance review of daily loan transactions such as new loans, renewals, payments, advances, maintenance and system control as needed.
- Provide internal reports for Operations as needed for production, internal audits or special projects.
- Train personnel to ensure bank policies and procedures are being followed. Maintain and create procedures for all functions supported by loan servicing staff.
- Provide support for loan reviews, audits, mergers and acquisition and other special projects.
- Establish, foster and maintain strong and positive working relationships with team members, lending, operations staff and department managers and other business partners. Provide a high level of customer service when responding to internal departments to resolve issues.
- Attend all BSA training (at least annual) offered through the bank. More frequent and/or specific training may be required, depending on job responsibilities.
- Perform job responsibilities to ensure the bank’s compliance with BSA/AML policies and procedures, which include detecting potential suspicious activity and reporting such activity to the BSA Officer and may include gathering and entering data into systems for monitoring.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Provides supervision, and mentors employees and develops skill through one on one training and coaching.
- Maintains awareness of the status of new deals and existing pipeline; adjusts staffing as needed.
- Reviews quality and integrity reports and takes action as appropriate.
- Sets and tracks to performance goals and quality service standards.
- Monitors and approves time reporting entries.
- Handles disciplinary issues within team in coordination with manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university preferred; minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in a financial institution.
Advanced understanding of bank policies and procedures; proficient in consumer and commercial lending and loans and applicable loan documents. Advanced understanding of loan accounting systems; loan payment types and processing and ability to research and resolve accounting errors. Preferred candidate will have knowledge of internal banking systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic computer software and Bank specific software.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, peers, or other business partners.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Demonstrates critical thinking tendencies to address problems decisively and to propose sustainable solutions. Accepts shared ownership and accountability for results. Ability to carry out complex instructions and handle non-standard situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment is an office type setting in the main bank or branch bank. It is a professional atmosphere and environmentally controlled. Surveillance cameras are utilized for safety. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.